While I was working on a web page for a client I ran across this tidbit of info. (don’t ask – Clicked the wrong link)
The BBC – Happiness Experiment
Here is The Happiness Manifesto from there.
- Get physical. Exercise for half an hour three times a week.
- Count your blessings. At the end of each day, reflect on at least five things you’re grateful for.
- Talk time. Have an hour-long uninterrupted conversation with your partner or closest friend each week.
- Plant something. Even if itâ€™s a window box or pot plant. Keep it alive!
- Cut your TV viewing by half.
- Smile at and/or say hello to a stranger. At least once each day.
- Phone a friend. Make contact with at least one friend or relation you have not been in contact for a while and arrange to meet up.
- Have a good laugh at least once a day.
- Every day make sure you give yourself a treat. Take time to really enjoy this.
- Daily kindness. Do an extra good turn for someone each day.
Here is a PDF of the Manifesto so you can print it out.
This is from the BBC TV Series Making Slough Happy. Seems like an interesting TV Show – Wonder if it is on BBS America.